What is Bowtie ?
Bowtie is a diagram that visualises the hazard you are dealing with in just one, easy to understand picture. The diagram is shaped like a bow-tie, creating a clear differentiation between threats and consequences, and proactive and reactive risk management. The power of a Bowtie diagram is that it shows you “A Summary Of Several Plausible Risk Scenarios, in a single picture.”. In short, it provides a simple, visual explanation of risk that would be much more difficult to explain otherwise.
BowtieXP is …
- BowTieXP makes the risk assessment process highly interactive. Through the BowTieXP Workshop Process, more relevant risk information is captured and stored in the BowTie diagram.
- No matter at what level of detail you will be analysing the hazard, BowTieXP keeps track of the big picture for you.
- BowTieXP has a clear focus on helping you to identify what needs to be done to deal effectively with hazards.
- BowTieXP provides the ideal visualisation for thinking through what happens when multiple threat scenarios occur simultaneously. This makes BowTieXP particularly useful for major accident prevention.
- BowTieXP diagrams have been designed from the ground up to be easily communicable and provide you with many options to tailor the diagram for your audience.
- BowTieXP diagrams have been designed to effectively communicate the risk context of the work environment, thereby targeting the single greatest cause of mistake-based incidents
Quickly Capture Risks and Explore the Assessment Visually
Visual Risk Assessment
- Working with BowTieXP feels like a natural flow. It visually organises your risk assessment, creating order and insight.
- A risk assessment draws from many information sources. BowTieXP is designed for Risk-Based Knowledge Management (RBKM).
BowtieXP Diagram Filters
- Less is more when it comes to risk communication. BowTieXP lets you filter on many criteria. Just a few clicks and your PowerPoint presentation diagram, tailored to your audience, is ready.
- Is your risk assessment ready? The quality checks help you to find out, providing you with a list of best practices & completeness checks.
- BowTieXP contains BowTieVista, a Search Engine that searches through your entire risk assessment, presenting the results in the familiar search engine format
BowTie Risk Analysis. We call it capturing the essence of the risk
BowtieXP is available in single computer and server based versions.
For single computer use you require:
- Windows Vista (or later)
- Intel Pentium processor or compatible (800MHz or greater)
- 1 GB RAM or greater
- 300 MB disk space or greater
- SVGA (1024×768/16 bit color or greater)
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 or later (not needed for Windows 7 or later)
Ensure that you have full administration rights to install and run the software from your IT department. Fire walls or other security software may not allow installation.
Specifications better than the above will significantly improve software performance, and is strongly recommended.